- Push off the wall with power
- Fly kick with power and speed while maintaining perfect streamline
- Pull right before you break the surface
- Your body should be a long, straight line and parallel with the water line
- Take the first pull right before you surface
- The first pull should be completed with hand by hips, causing your shoulder to surface before any other part of your body.
- Continue to maintain that straight body line
- Transition from dolphin kicks to flutter kick at the end of your pull
- The first 3-4 pulls, and the intensity of your kick, will set the speed of your swim.
Check your form on the backstroke breakout to make sure you are efficiently and effectively transitioning into your swim.