Here's a go-to Meatless Monday Recipe to kick off your week!
- 1 stick butter (¾ stick melted for mix, ¼ for cooking and spreading)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- Spices to taste (1-2 tsp pumpkin spice or any combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- Maple syrup or honey for topping
- Optional add ins: 2 tbsp chia seeds and 2 tbsp flax seeds
- Heat skillet on medium.
- Melt ¾ cup butter in microwave.
- Combine melted butter, milk, eggs, spices, vanilla and salt in large pyrex dish. (~9x12).
- Place bread slices into mix and soak for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in skillet and add bread. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes and flip. Repeat on the other side.
Serve with maple syrup or honey. Enjoy with breakfast meat and fresh fruit.