Your routine needs to be the same before each race.
- The race begins when you step foot in the area behind the blocks.
- Only think about the event you are about to swim. Consider your coach's comments.
- Increase your heart rate (small pogo jumps, jumping jacks, etc.)
- Stretch muscle groups lightly. (no more than 5 seconds each)
- Do something special. (i.e. * Michael Phelps arm swing * Missy Franklin smile and clap)
I can't wait to see them in action!
Pre-Race Routines article posted on USA Swimming Website