- Get in the FLY position with both hands on the wall and both feet extended behind you. (just like you finish into the wall for fly)
- Drive your knees to the wall with as much speed as possible.
- Transition through your "Sink Touch Push" position.
- Push off on your back, or slightly rotated on your side.
- Squeeze into an amazingly tight streamline.
- Add those fly kicks.
- Take your first backstroke pull when you are about 1/2 to 1 foot under the surface of the water for your smooth, backstroke breakout.
Fly position push offs from Marli McIntire on Vimeo.