- "WHAT?" SIGH!
- "Are you crazy?" GROAN!
- "Whatever." MOAN.
- "We want you to get to know your teammates." team-building
- "We would like to see your meet performance maximized to its greatest potential."
- "Bring playing cards, fun healthy snacks, and a great attitude." (sharpies are fun too.)
- "Cheer for your friends."
- "Read your goal sheets."
- Video your swimmer and cheer for everyone else.
- Keep a light, happy attitude.
- Try not to be nervous and enjoy the meet.
- "I love watching you swim" is the best thing to say to your swimmer.
More on this topic from USA Swimming: